IS YOUR SALESFORCE ORG JUST A SYSTEM OF RECORD OR A TRUE CRM?
Salesforce Customer Relationship Management “CRM” is an integrated, centralized, data-driven platform that improves how a business manages and maintain customer relationships, track sales leads, activities, marketing, and empower sales team by delivering actionable data. But often we see organization jump into Salesforce implementation hastily and end of using the best CRM solution as a limited System of Record. A closer analogy would be buying a Swiss Army Knife and use it only for cutting vegetables in kitchen.
System of Record is a database to retain data, but CRM goes way further by utilizing the data to bring end to end business process automation and enabling digital transformation. This ultimately enhance operational efficiency, team productivity and business growth.
If the answer to most of the questions listed below is yes than your Salesforce org is under used as a System of Record.
1. Rusty System: Does your sales rep often complain that Salesforce is difficult to use and time taking?
2. Low Adoption: Does the Sales team rarely logs in to Salesforce and often prefer to use legacy system or spreadsheets to track prospects and contacts?
3. Poor or Zero Insight: Is your Salesforce unable to meet SLT level reporting requirement without the sales team struggling with spreadsheets for hours if not days?
4. Supporting Limited Functionality: Does the sales rep often have to engage with more than 4 systems from creating a lead to closing an opportunity?
5. Inconsistent Data: Is the business experiencing inconsistent data between different stages of the Lead to Cash life cycle?
6. Improper Forecasting: Is the sales team unable to derive business insights and forecast accurately?
Salesforce implementations are huge investment and It’s unfortunate if they are not used to their fullest potential. Any organization which is dealing with an under-utilized Salesforce implementation must take necessary steps to optimize their Salesforce org and get the desired ROI from it.
What can be the next steps?
1. Perform a technical audit of the Salesforce org
2. Reaffirm the vison behind your Salesforce implementation
3. Engage business SMEs and product owners to redefine the Lead to Cash life cycle
4. Establish data governance and integration guidelines
5. Prepare a System Architecture and High-Level Design
6. Define an MVP and proceed execution in an iterative manner
Every great journey starts with one first step and if we have the right vision and sincere commitment success is inevitable. Winobell has successfully reversed many lost Salesforce implementation and our team of certified Salesforce professional will do their best to support you in converting you Salesforce org into a true CRM system.
For more information on how Winobell can assist you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to schedule a free consultation.